Fresh off a revolution that saw the beheading of its king and the establishment of a republic, France is on the rise. But at whose expense? After dual revolutions in America and France, kings and emperors around Europe are starting to become nervous. Will they be able to stay on their thrones while fighting off belligerent neighbors? The Ballad of Bayonets is a free megagame for everyone who has secretly wished to conquer a continent.
The Ballad of Bayonets aims to be fun first, and educational second. Previous knowledge of the history and the time period is not required or encouraged.
Check-in starts at 11:30am. Light refreshments will be provided.
Also, share the Facebook event to let your friends know youʼre going!
Click here to automatically add this event to your Google Calendar!
Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
269 19th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Saturday, November 16th, 2019
11:30 AM – check-in begins
12 PM – game begins
3 PM – end of game and debrief
How to find Room 50B:
1. Enter the front doors from the roundabout off 19th Avenue.
2. On your immediate left there should be a building map and a staircase directly past it. Go down the staircase to the Ground Level.
3. At the bottom of the staircase you should see an elevator. Take a left down the hallway, in the direction marked “Rooms 15 – 70”.
4. You should walk past a line of black-and-white photographs of famous people mounted on the left-hand wall. Directly past them take a left and enter the Learning Commons.
5. Go all the way through the Learning Commons to the back. Room 50B is clearly marked.