The Yelling for History Club is proud to announce our first megagame of the 2019–2020 school year!
Synergia (Greek for “cooperation”) is a historical real-time strategic megagame designed for thirty to eighty players over the course of three to five hours. Itʼs set in the time of the Greek poleis—the world of Pericles, Aristotle, and Herodotus—where rival city-states vie for control of the Aegean, fighting both among themselves and against the great powers of the region: Persia, Rome, and Macedon. Each polis has a different political structure based on its real-life organization from over 2500 years ago. Itʼs up to the players to find the best way, political or military, to make their polis the greatest power in Greece. This often involves going behind other playersʼ backs—or stabbing them in the back. In this game, youʼll find that the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
Synergia aims to be fun first, and educational second. Previous knowledge of the history and the time period is not required or encouraged.
Check-in starts at 11:30am. Light refreshments will be provided.
Also, share the Facebook event to let your friends know youʼre going!
You can also click here to automatically add this event to your Google Calendar!
Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
301 19th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
11:30 AM – check-in begins
12 PM – game begins
3 PM – end of game and debrief
How to find Room 50B:
1. Enter the front doors from the roundabout off 19th Avenue.
2. On your immediate left there should be a building map and a staircase directly past it. Go down the staircase to the Ground Level.
3. At the bottom of the staircase you should see an elevator. Take a left down the hallway, in the direction marked “Rooms 15 – 70”.
4. You should walk past a line of black-and-white photographs of famous people mounted on the left-hand wall. Directly past them take a left and enter the Learning Commons.
5. Go all the way through the Learning Commons to the back. Room 50B is clearly marked.